A year from now you may wish you had started today. What are you waiting for? What do you need to get going? Motivation? Inspiration? A kick in the butt or a kiss on the lips? Whatever your requirements are I’ll give you some. Don’t think you need it? I bet you do, fam!
Here are some of the things you’ll need. You’ll need to accept them for your own good.
- Less is more: Having less aids you in organizing and putting the puzzles together in your life more efficiently.
- Learn to love change: Because change is the law of nature and just so you know I couldn’t care less if you despise anybody or some things but heaven forbid you never willing to embrace change. For the fact that it doesn’t come naturally to most of us, to love change, it is recommended that we learn to do so.
- Stop worrying so much about what other people think: Most people have shitty thoughts. Gossips, backstabbing and disrespect are some of the natural/normal things going on daily in our day to day life and they are more prevalent in the lives/minds of common (mostly cheap) people. What amazes me is that I, too, cared a lot about what these people thought about me. It’s funny how I cared too much. My message to you – stop worrying so much immediately.
- Leverage what you’ve got: To achieve greatness, start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.
- Find something challenging you love doing: If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you. Let’s be honest, we all want our todays to be better than our yesterdays. If so, go look for that which challenges you and I’m talking about that something, you can’t deny, which gives you immense pleasure.
- Take big risks: Nothing majestic or worth honoring was ever accomplished without the involvement of risk. All great men of history did their part and left a mark in the history books with pure audacity.
- Rediscover who you were born to be and be that: You were born to be original, invincible, successful and beautiful. But life might’ve turned the directions elsewhere. That’s inevitable. Here’s what you should do. Break the chains and unlock yourself from the shackles of copycatting, weakness, failure and ugliness. If you have(n’t) then (re)discover your inner strength and let that power guide and lead you in becoming what you were most genuinely destined to become. Be the best cause that’s exactly what you’re meant to be.
- There’s no such thing as tomorrow:
“If tomorrow never comes
Would she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way
To show her every day
That she’s my only one”
Thank you, Ronan Keating, for that meaningfully written/beautifully sung song. Tomorrow, who’s seen it? Nobody of today could’ve possibly. So, what I’m saying is, do not ever procrastinate or put off for the following day that which you can do today. Tomorrow is just a delusional reality. Tomorrow is only as real as a supernatural virtuality.
If you’re a dreamer-cum-doer, heed me on this one right here. For you never know how close you are to your dream, don’t you dare give up. You shouldn’t really care about anyone’s opinion of you and your goals, you gotta get out there and live your life in the best possible way – your way. If the thoughts of all the chasing and pursuing of dreams and colossal goals scare you then you’re more on the right than wrong track. Always do what you’re afraid to do, enough said.
Take up one single interest/aim in life and for the next 365 days or more (that’s a leap year) do that and invest everything there. Hold on tight and not let go. Something’s in the process of manifestation, give it time. Remember to stop thinking of the things/life you do not want right now because every millisecond of it wastes your life. At the end of the day, you have to thank all of those people who refused to help you because the truth is, as much as we hate admitting it, it’s them who made you do it, yourself.
What stands between you and your dream?
Fear, ego, laziness, old habits, financial crisis, location, lack of skills, health issues, bad company etc.
Here’s a D.I.Y. tip:
“Destroy all that is trying to destroy your dreams”.